Join Our Team
Position: Estate Planning and Estate Administration Attorney
Enjoy engaging with clients? Want more control over your time and your legal practice? Tired of the big firm grind? Four Corners Legacy Law is seeking a New York licensed attorney for its growing trust and estate practice. A minimum of 3–5 years of experience in estate planning is required. Elder law and estate administration experience a plus. Candidate must have a J.D. and be admitted to practice law in NY.
About Us: We are a boutique estate planning and estate administration law firm that serves the legal and planning needs of Northern-Hudson Valley and Capital Region families. We are a fast-growing law firm that aims to provide a unique, holistic client experience. We are constantly seeking to improve the services we provide to our clients, as well as our employees.
Our team is fun, friendly, and committed to providing peace of mind to our clients and their families. We have a collaborative approach which recognizes that all team members contribute to the success of our firm and the satisfaction of our clients. We make a concentrated effort to have a supportive culture and encourage the personal and professional growth of our team members. Here, your competence, hustle, compassion, and creativity are not only critical, but will be recognized and rewarded.
You will be given a high level of responsibility, and you will have direct contact with clients. We pick our clients with the same level of care with which we pick our team members—we have a strict “no jerks” policy. We provide the caliber of service and expertise of a large firm, but with a more personal environment and reasonable hours.
About the Position: This is an associate position that requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in designing and drafting wills and trust-based estate plans. Elder law and estate administration experience is a huge plus. You will have a team to support you, and you will be expected to “hit the ground running” after a training period in our systems.
- Conduct initial consultations to educate prospective clients on protecting themselves and their families with legal planning.
- Quote fees and engage new clients.
- Provide clients with guidance on choosing their executor, power of attorney, trustee, guardians, and other fiduciaries.
- Prepare comprehensive simple to complex estate plans, using techniques to protect and preserve assets, keep client’s families out of court and out of conflict, and accomplish the client’s goals.
- Oversee support staff in assembling documents and funding trusts.
- Explain legal documents and complex legal concepts to clients in easy-to-understand language.
- Oversee proper execution of legal documents.
- Handle probate and estate administration matters.
- Occasionally travel to client homes, hospitals, and nursing facilities if clients are unable to come to the office.
- Collaborate with clients’ financial and insurance professionals.
- Complete projects or tasks as requested by the managing attorney.
- Perform legal research and brief other members of the firm on legal developments in the field.
- Assist the managing attorney with seminar and webinar presentations and other speaking engagements.
- Contribute to the firm’s ongoing effort to improve firm processes and services.
Compensation & Benefits: $70k-$110k base depending on candidate qualifications and availability, plus performance-based bonus.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans with Prescription coverage
- Company Paid Accident and Cancer Insurance plans
- Simple IRA Retirement Savings Plan with 3% Employer match
- Bar renewal and other professional requirement reimbursements
- Paid time off
- Learning and development training opportunities
- Flexible hours
Location/Availability: You will be expected to work from our office in Chatham, NY, with flexibility for remote work in the future. The position is flexible and can be Part Time, Full-time or on a Contract/Of Counsel basis, with compensation and benefits adjusted accordingly. Our typical schedule is Monday to Friday, occasional Saturdays or evenings are an option.
- Member in good standing of the New York State Bar
- Excellent academic credentials.
- At least 3-5 years in a legal environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with clients, lawyers, and other professionals with poise and confidence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and able to quickly learn new software programs.
- Conscientious with respect to work completion, deadlines, time management and attendance.
- Proactive in identifying and solving problems.
- Demonstrates commitment to Firm’s vision, mission, and core values.
- Analytical and detail oriented, while working at a fast pace and keeping up with a fast-moving caseload.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be a team player and willing to help others whenever necessary.
- Receptive to feedback and strives for personal and professional growth.
- Warm, friendly personality with professional demeanor and presentation.
If you would like to be considered for the position, submit your resume, references, and a cover letter to Morgen Bowers at morgen at bowerslawny dot com using the following subject line “Chatham Law Associate_your full name_2023”. Substitute your first and last name for “your full name” and use the exact punctuation included above. Emails without that exact subject line will not be reviewed. Your cover letter should explain your relevant experience, what you feel you can bring to this opportunity, along with your salary and benefits requirements. All inquiries are maintained in the strictest confidence.
If you successfully manage this step and qualify, we will set up an introductory phone call. We take this approach so you don’t waste your time interviewing and applying for a job that you don’t really want. We’re excited to hear from you and wish you all the best in the process!
We are an equal opportunity employer without discrimination or harassment based on race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected at law.
“During a very difficult time with estate planning and procedures, Morgen and crew fit us in in such a timely manner. Knowledgeable and super helpful providing guidance and legal expertise! Friendly, professional, considerate and went above and beyond! Highly recommend.”