Kids Protection Plan
Having a Kids Protection Plan
Did you know that 69% of parents have not yet named guardians for their kids?
And of the 31% who have, most have made one of 6 common mistakes?
Ask for a free copy of “The 6 common mistakes most parents (and their lawyers!) make when naming legal guardians” and then schedule a Family Wealth Planning Session with us today, so we can fix any mistakes with you.
HAVING A WILL ALONE SIMPLY DOES NOT ENSURE THE CARE OF YOUR KIDS IF THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENS TO YOU!
If you are a parent of minor children (or those with special needs) who are counting on you, your estate plan must begin with your children would always be taken care of by the people you want, in the way you want, no matter what happens.
At Four Corners Legacy Law, one of our areas of greatest joy is planning for the well-being and care of the children you love.
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Hiring a Lawyer
- 6 Common Mistakes When Choosing Guardians
- 6 Mistakes When Choosing an Attorney
- 7 Must-Dos When Naming Guardians
- 11 Legal Mistakes Business Owners Make and How To Avoid Them
- How “Shopping Around” for An Estate Plan Could Leave Your Family With an Expensive, Unintended Mess
WITHOUT PROPER PLANNING, IF THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENS TO YOU, HERE’S WHAT COULD HAPPEN:
● Your children could be placed into Child Protective Services (CPS) even if you have a will in place; even if you have a living trust while your legal documents or located or your family is identified. Or worse, your kids could be left in the care of the one person in your family you would never want raising them;
● A Judge who doesn’t know you, or your family, will decide who will raise your kids, even if it’s the last person you would ever want;
● Approximately 5% of the total value of your assets could be lost due to probate, a court process that can tie up your assets for months or years and deprive your kids of the resources they need to live comfortably;
● When your kids turn 18, they get a check for whatever assets are left – outright with no protection
● There are unscrupulous people who make it their business to review public records to find out what 18-year-olds are coming into money;
● The vast majority of estate planning attorneys simply do not address these issues, and do not plan from a parent’s perspective.
Yes, these things scare us too. That’s why we offer a Kids Protection Plan® with every estate plan we prepare for families with young children.
WHAT IS A KIDS PROTECTION PLAN®?
If you are in an accident, your Kids Protection Plan® will make sure your children are never taken into the custody of Child Protective Services, strangers or the care of anyone you wouldn’t want because the authorities don't have clear instructions from you. And your Kids Protection Plan® will ensure your children are raised by people you choose, not someone chosen by a Judge who doesn’t know you.
To get started with your Kids Protection Plan®, contact us.
In 10 minutes, this FREE information will help you protect your kids if something unthinkable happens to you prior to creating your formal estate plan. This of it as the first step to ensuring your kids are raised by the people you want, in the way you want, no matter what.